Monday, August 20, 2007

New Steps in Nebbi!

We had our first pastor training together as a married couple this past Saturday, and it was such a blessing! John taught on prayer, and I taught on temptation. We both really felt like Jesus gave us His words to say and His message to teach. Our lessons were TWO HOURS each! Jesus gave us both a lot to say!

I've always been willing to train pastors, as I was fully aware before we ever got here to Uganda that training pastors is our primary focus with WGM here. And I must admit, I was kind of nervous when I first volunteered to participate in my first one~ never having taught men. I’ve always done children’s ministry or worked with youth or young women, so teaching men was quite intimidating to me! But as soon as I started preparing, God gave me a real peace that He was going to help me, and a confidence that the day was in His hands!

We thought you would like to see what an actual pastor training looks like, so here are a few photos. The training takes place in a small brick church, with mud used for mortar, concrete

floors, and children peering through the windows. As we’ve mentioned in previous blog entries, there are five key pastors that attend our trainings in Nebbi (Cosmas, Benson, John, John Kennedy, & Andrew)- there are more that would like to be trained, but we really wanted to start with a small, core group, so that we can invest in their lives individually.

Thank you all for your prayers for this day! We definitely needed them in preparing, and we definitely sensed them in our teaching! Jesus really helped us both, and we are so grateful!

3 comments:

janie said...

John & Erica,
What an awesome experience. I am so glad to get to share this with you through your blog. I am very sure that Jesus poured out His heart through you to these pastors. Thank you for being willing and excited to do this for them. May God continue to lead you and bless His work through your lives there.

njgmom11 said...

We ejoy so much your updates and are so overjoyed by the response of everyone to your evangelism.We met you at Smithville church.I need to give you a new address for your newsletter as Comcast really messed up my account. It's
bonniethomas06@comcast.net.
Thanks again,
Bonnie and Charles Thomas
Absecon,NJ

Kjernald Family Adventures said...

Erica,

You are awesome!!! I have been keeping up with you through the blog and am excited to see all that has happened there. We are praying for you both.

Andreas and I leave for Sweden on Spt.27th. The Lord has a way of making life adventurous! Praise God!

Miss you a lot!
Laurie Kjernald